Tuesday, September 4, 2012

From Pastor Randy's Sermon: 
We all get into our routines. There's nothing wrong with that.  It simplifies life somewhat and it makes us feel more comfortable.  The trouble arises when we begin to attach not only meaning, but also great significance to that habit or ritual, when we begin to tell others that it must be done this way only.

From Pamela:   It seems to me that it might be helpful to look at routines and ask the question:  What is the purpose of this routine?  What does it offer me?  If somebody else is present and I share the routine with them, what happens if they never want to do it again? If I can't implement the routine, do I suffer?  Am I open to looking at what can happen when the routine can't be followed?  How much is invested in the routine? 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment